Information, Advice and Advocacy
Regular information, advice and advocacy sessions.
General Advice and Advocacy sessions: provides general advice on a range of issues, such as housing repairs, welfare rights, sign posting and referrals to other agencies e.g. Camden Law Centre.
Monday 10.00-1.00, Tuesdays 10.00-11.30, Thursdays 10.00-11.30
Our service has a quality mark for general advice and information from Advice Quality Standard (AQS)
A range of personal development sessions are held on a regular basis. The sessions included talks, seminars and workshops on a range of relevant topics including:
- Access to services, for example focusing on elderly services
- Money management, including debt
Health and well-being
- Keep-Fit classes: Mobility and keep fit classes specially designed for older women.
- Gentle exercise and mobility classes for Over 75s
- Art and craft classes for women with mental health issues.
- Gardening club, we encourage our women to participate in gardening on our roof garden.
- Walking groups, weather permitting we organise weekly groups to local parks and places of interest.
- Health Promotion Programme: health promotion through an organised programme of talks, workshops and seminars on health related issues;
Social, cultural and recreational events
Recognising the importance of social, cultural and recreational events and activities in overcoming social isolation as well as maintaining cultural identity the Kosmos Centre organises social and recreational events, trips and outings to local places of interest such as the theatre and day trips to the seaside in the summer. In addition, specific cultural events are organised throughout the year according to need. Weekend trips are organised to various places in UK offering respite for carers; elderly and disabled clients are encouraged to attend. We also organise holidays for members.